Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!



Spring has sprung, or at least is in the process of sprunging, (yes I know that it not a real word, but it should be.) All of the colors around me are changing and I simply love what I see! The two little art quilts above are the first in a new series of small abstract works where I have fun, (it is all about having fun, you know) with playing around with simple colors, shapes, lines and textures. The wonderful crisp clear newborn colors of spring inspired these two pieces. The baby blue of the sky, and the lovely yellow green colors of the leaf buds forming on the trees, excite me each and every year as if I am seeing them for the first time. It's nothing short of magic.

8 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Love the colors.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Yes, you can see you've been inspired by the season. Love the new palette!

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

Spring sprung and turned back into winter here today. It is snowing as I type this :)

picciolo said...

lovely spring colours, beautiful combinations as always!
: )

bee said...

Gosh you have neat stitches....genius These are great.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful, cheerful, with just the right amount of edginess.

Beate Knappe said...

I love you little quilts they are wonderful

bettyninja said...

I love all the stitch work on this.