Thursday, April 24, 2008

Abstract no.6



I started making "Abstract no.6" on Tuesday, Earth Day, and looking at it now, I believe I must have been influenced by the day, even though at the time I wasn't consciously connecting the two. That is one of the things I love most about the process of art, the way in which our moods, thoughts and feelings all have a way of finding there place in what we work on, whether we consciously intend for it or not. And that is also why I am so drawn to stitching. It is a whole language in and of itself. Every line, cross-stitch, and french knot is gently communicating something old and ancient, unspoken, yet understood.

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

It's lovely (and it matches your blog) :-)

Hey Harriet said...

I love your Abstact no. 6!

The whole creative process is truly a magical thing. When inspirations are not so obvious to the artist along the way, & then BANG! The spirit of the artist shines through in the finished piece! Not all art is created this way, but your gorgeous art is brimming with personality! Yours is art from the heart :)

Our Hands For Hope said...

Came over after having seen your reworked doilies. Great clean workmanship!
Terisa

Alison said...

I love the earthiness of this one! And I'm extremely partial to turquoise. :) Lovely work!!!

Unknown said...

I love these colors together, so pretty. This is a beautiful piece!

Anonymous said...

How refreshing to see turquoise NOT used with red a la Etsy! I love this color combination! Fresh and bold.