Monday, April 7, 2008

Glorious Color!

Outside it was gray and overcast again, but inside I focused on glorious color!

A bowl of thread on my sewing table


A pile of paint chips on my cutting table. They provide wonderful inspiration for new color combinations, and the best part is they're free!


My latest embroidered mini art quilt, photographed against a vibrant piece of yellow paper.

Show me your colorful inspirations! If anyone has recently posted something bright and colorful on their blog, feel free to add a link to it in the comments section!

9 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Eye-popping! What fun to look at when it's rainy out.

picciolo said...

wonderful colours, I love the paint chips. I've just posted about this which is bright and colourful
http://picciolo-picciolo.blogspot.com/2008/04/something-for-me.html

: )

High Desert Diva said...

I love all these cheerful colors.

I blogged about my former laundry room awhile back (put on sunglasses)
http://etsyhighdesertdiva.blogspot.com/2008/01/are-you-awake-now.html

Victoria said...

I love the bright orange you used in your project Picciolo!

High Desert Diva: Wow, what an incredibly fun laundry room!

Thanks for sharing!

Tia Colleen said...

Those pictures are great! Makes me want to go slide on a rainbow, haha.

xx Tia

gunnelsvensson said...

Hi Victoria! I´ve been awarded the Art y Pico Award ~ and would love to pass this award on to you check my blog for the info on it :) hope you dont mind !! Gunnel :-)

Smarty Pants said...

That quilt is so beautiful! I love the color combos, just perfect. I'm glad I'm not the only one grabbing those paint chip samples! They're so fun to play with!

Tori Leslie said...

Your color really brightened my day!
Love your work!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

So nice to find a blog from a fellow Lancaster County artist!
Thanks for the paint chip tip. I will definately use it.