Friday, April 25, 2008

Everyday Pleasures

Note: I originally did this post with different images, but apparently the pictures were not showing up for people visiting my blog, (a big thank you to those who let me know, as I could see them fine!) I am starting over with new pictures, and will share the first batch next week when they feel like co-operating with me! Please let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems seeing my images, thanks!... And now for my post!

Last Friday I did a post on why I like the Green Dragon Farmers Market. Over the last 12 years, during the spring and summer, we have gone there almost every week, yet last Friday was the first time that I had ever brought my camera along. Looking for blog inspiration, I was encouraged to zero in on and capture snapshots of what made this a happy place for me, and that made it into something extra special. In keeping with that intent, to step out of my head a bit more, look around at my surroundings and zero in on what brings me joy, I have decided that every Friday I will do a post on everyday pleasures.

The way the farm woman around here all hang their laundry, way up high, on long wash lines.


A beautiful horse peacefully grazing on dandelions.


A mysterious old, blue lock box in the middle of a field. I wonder what's inside?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can see them now and they are worth the wait! Love the horse! I posted my horse on my blog today :)

Victoria said...

Yay! Thanks for letting me know:)

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post of what looks like a beautiful place. Very much what I am feeling today, enjoying the simple pleasures and finding joy in the little things. :)

Anonymous said...

ooh, great pictures, I love the box of secrets!

Amy C said...

I love that mysterious blue box too.
Gorgeous colors on the post below.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

For someone who lives deep in the heart of suburbia, I can truly appreciate the beauty of these rural vistas. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I can still see the pictures and I am mezmorized by that box. I wanna know what's in there!!

High Desert Diva said...

Lovely images...that box is so intriguing...

Anonymous said...

I love that horse. :]

Hey Harriet said...

What a fab idea - an 'everyday pleasures' post each Friday. Yay! Adorable photos! I often think it's those simple 'everyday' things that make the best kind of subject matter for photos. Much beauty can be found in the simple things...those sweet things we often don't notice while rushing about. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous surroundings :)

Tia Colleen said...

Those pictures are really pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting old blue box......

BumbleVee said...

maybe the farmer keeps a few odd tools in the box in case his tractor breaks down? .... great pic....