Saturday, August 6, 2011

New Work - Series Continues

The "Patched Work - Rimmed in Red" series continues with 3 new pieces...


All the work is untitled, but for simplicities sake I will refer to each one in the order done. This piece, which can be found here, is the 3rd in the series.


I enjoyed stitching these odd little lines!


And just like the first two pieces that I showed in my last post, (both of which have been sold) these works are each hand stitched to 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper, signed and ready to frame.


This piece, which can be found here was the 4th to be made.


Quirky little bits of stitching make me happy!


And last, but not least, the piece below, which can be found here, would be the 5th in the series...


The light was fading at this point in shooting the work, and I apologize for the variations.


I know the series is called "Rimmed in Red", but I am taking some allowance with that... as long as the thread is in the red family, such as this pinkish thread, then it's okay to use!


More pieces are in the works, including some more that are multi layered like the first piece in this series, and I will post them once they are finished.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Jodi said...

Fantastic artistic creativity, as usual! Thanks!

Rachel said...

Goodness, you've been busy! Interesting to see all your "variations on a theme"..

Cheryl Arkison said...

Love the addition of blue in these ones.

Diane J. Evans said...

Beautiful, Victoria -- and it looks as though these pieces are bringing YOU immense joy, as well as your readers. That's one of the most important aspects of a series, I think.

Diane

Dan R said...

These are very compelling, Victoria.

Kim said...

Makes my fingers itch to stitch when I see your fantastic creativity.
However, you are a hard act to follow!
I do hope you are documenting all these fabulous creations before they get sold. It is quite a collection of work you have done.

I have been quilting for years and never took pictures of my quilts before I gave them away...sadly.
I do now though :0).

Happy Sewing

VivJM said...

This series is truly beautiful!

Kathryn said...

You are on a roll! Love the new ones too! We just got our lovely little packages in the mail and just want to thank you SO much for making the little piece for Zoe with the special letter you wrote to her. She was thrilled as was I with our discoveries! Thank you so much, Victoria. You're such a wonderful friend!

apiecefullife said...

Wow, love them all. So inspiring....

Gina said...

Really liking these!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think these little pieces are fantastic, creative, unique. You much get great pleasure seeing the end result of your beautiful hand work.

Katrina said...

these are gorgeous. i LOVE seeing all that handwork. hand stitching just tugs on my heartstrings, every time.

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your work lately. So simple yet so subtle in meaning. xox Corrine