Friday, March 6, 2015

Waiting for Spring


 Posts have been very sparse here on my blog, and I blame it on the winter! It's been so darn cold, that I just want to stay curled up with a good book and a hot cup of tea. While patiently waiting for Spring's arrival, (ok, not always so patiently) I have been stitching the whole while, but mostly little appliquéd doodles and experimental ideas... nothing that really rocks my boat, (although I have posted a few little things over on Instagram if anyone is truly curious). 

Yup, all in all this winter has been one of quiet activity, lot's of thinking and wondering, but not much in terms of finished product. And that's ok, because I have faith that with the Spring thaw, more abundant creativity will come. If not, I've got a few choice words with a certain groundhog over all this prolonged cold and the effects it has on one's brain cells. 

The piece above is my latest pondering, which I actually did finish just today. It was the result of playing around with some new thoughts on construction methods. 
Hope to explore a bit more on this, but first I need another cup of hot tea!
Stay warm everyone, Spring will be here before we know it. 
(I hope, I hope, I hope!)
xo


5 comments:

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

Gorgeous.

Nifty Quilts said...

Beautiful composition. I like all the organic lines, with just enough organization. Glad you're experimenting with new construction methods. Hopefully you'll stumble upon something you can share one day. Meanwhile, stay warm. Spring is bound to pop soon!

meli B said...

I too, am guilty of writing very few posts. Instagram is so quick and easy. It is just the way things are. Good to know you are posting there because I will look you up. I can see you have been reinventing your ideas yet again. I always enjoy your originality.

roccagal said...

fantastic -AS USUAL!!!!!

Kathleen said...

Love the soft curves.