Sunday, November 18, 2007

Loosening Up



Today I had two objectives in mind:
1) Come up with some designs to be later reinterpreted in fiber.
2) Loosen Up!
I decided to forgo pen and paper, and used the paint features in one of my mysterious, unexplored computer programs. (Yes, I know I am late to board the bus.)
Why had I not realized the potential that this little computer paint brush, and paint bucket held for creative brainstorming?
Drawing with the little paint brush feature was just awkward enough to prevent me from reverting to my usual anal-retentive ways! It allowed me to do exactly what I wanted to do, loosen up!
Adding color via the little paint bucket allowed me to play with lots of color combinations with no clean up!
I am in heaven!
Looking back on my two objectives, and at the dozen of designs I created today, I feel like I was very successful, and am looking forward towards finding some time to create some new fiber pieces based on my new designs!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Fun! Love the designs!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very productive and fun day. Just found your link in the Etsy forums and thought I would say Hi.

Amy Olson Jewelry said...

Those designs are fantastic! They could be printed and framed as is! I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like when you add fiber :)

Anonymous said...

what cute little computer sketches!