Friday, April 25, 2014

In the Works!



The air is still a bit on the brisk side here, but the grass is bright green and flowers and trees are blooming bright... all of that has me revved up for working with color! 

I'm also excited as I am playing around with a new block that I am developing. It combines fun improvised piecing techniques in a really easy to do sequence... resulting in similar, yet individually unique blocks. So far I am really pleased with the results! More to come in the following weeks...

Till then, have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

dolores said...

Oh be still my heart! Grunge...my most favoritest line of fabric of all...and we got the new colors last week and I about fainted!

Looking forward to seeing more!:)

Unknown said...

I love the richness of your fabrics, are they hand dyed? Thank you for sharing, beautiful! Those really look like fun blocks to make.

Victoria said...

Good eye, Dolores! Love this line, too!

Hi Amanda, the fabrics shown in this post are from Moda's Grunge series by Basic Gray. You can purchase the line in many quilt shops and on-line, (I know Pink Chalk fabrics carries them)!

stitchinpenny said...

Love the block in this post - i think I will have to copy it in a more structured way. Thanks for the inspiration.

Rosa said...

I love your bright and colorful fabrics and blocks!

Kate/Massachusetts said...

Beautiful blocks! I love the fabric colors!

Shayla Sharp said...

I love these blocks--really gorgeous!

Candied Fabrics said...

Oooh! I love this! What's cool is in the detail shots the points of the triangles are the strong elements, but then when you see the whole quilt the stripey diamonds become dominant! This works "any which way"!

Candied Fabrics said...

Whoops, that comment is for the finished quilt...