The plan was to make another "Raise the Barn Roof High" quilt,
but this time around use these lovely colored shot cottons.
But after I made the blocks,
I couldn't help but to start playing around and rearranging them,
and this emerged.
Windmills and Silos.
(Ok, the windmills are obvious to quilters, but maybe not so much the silos... but to me, right away I saw those diamond shapes as silo tops, and so I went with it!)
After several different attempts at various quilting,
(and ripping out various quilting)
I finally settled on a large stipple
using variegated threads,
I think it was the right choice.
Love, love, love these colors together!