Here's my latest Pojagi work...
This time around I wanted something with a bit more weight, as I was primarly interested in creating a more substantial feeling cloth. So, I started with a heavier shot cotton, (from Robert Kaufman's Carolina Chambray collection).
Being that it's a very dark color, and a quilt weight fabric, it doesn't have the same transparency as my previous pojagi pieces where I used lighter weight shot cottons, (from Kaffe Fassett) however it has some transparency and still looks pretty hung in a window.
For this piece the seams are opened up, tucked under and sewn down with a zig-zag stitch.
I came up with this method of stitching the seams last year, and I like to use this particular method when I want a more 'utilitarian' look. (You can find a "how-to" tutorial for the two types of machine stitched Pojagi seams that I use here).
In keeping with the 'utilitarian' look, I appliqued patches on both sides. Here is one side shown above...
and the other side shown below...
I like how not only the patches on the facing side add a design element, but also how the stitching from the patches on the opposite side come through, adding another element of line and shape.
Reversible Patched Pojagi Runner is now available for sale in my shop.
Have a great weekend Everyone!