Friday, December 12, 2008

Catching Up


I have been hesitating to post this, only because I am afraid of jinxing the positive, but I do wish to report that Molasses has been doing splendidly! Her original symptoms have gone away, (knock on wood) and with the exception of a strange skin rash which we were able to treat naturally at home, (with some great advice from my friend Lori Jo) Mo has been just fabulous! Last month we weren't sure if she would even make it to Christmas, but now our hearts are full of hope. Her birthday is Christmas Day, and she really is our little Christmas Miracle! Thanks again, to everyone who said a prayer or thought a good wish for her.

As for me, I am feeling better, but still battling this cold! After two weeks I am wondering if it is ever going to go away, and am just doing my best to get along with it. Here is the truth: I am not a good camper when I am sick. It makes me very crabby, and I just want to lay on the couch and eat, and have people feel sorry for me. How pathetic! This is not the Lancaster County way of doing things mind you, (then again I am not a native Lancastrian). Absolutely no laying on the couch wrapped in a warm blanket for the true locals. Around here people take great pride in continuing on with their daily business despite strep throats and raging fevers. They delight in getting right up to your face and declaring how they have pneumonia and their doctor strongly suggested that they check into the hospital, however they can't be bothered with all of that sissy stuff. Then they cough on you. In this neck of the woods, I am a wimp.

I've been working on a pile of quilting blocks that I hope to turn into something wonderful. Getting frustrated as my last few projects haven't gone the way I had hoped, (so no photos!)

Spent the day today decorating the house for Christmas. Eldest is headed home from college tomorrow. We get to have her for a whole month, yay!

Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Mrs.French said...

I have been thinking about you and your sweet mo, but have been afraid to ask..I am so happy that the 2 of you are feeling better...xo t

Hey Harriet said...

So happy to hear that Mo is doing well. What a cutie photo! I feel the same way as you when I'm sick. I like nothing better than spending time on the couch & moaning to anyone who will listen. Don't feel guilty about it. I never do! ;D

picciolo said...

I'm so glad that both of you are feeling better!
: )

Amy C said...

so glad to hear she is doing alright - I was wondering. That is such an adorable photograph the ttv thing makes everything look so timeless.
I hope your cold thinggy goes soon I thought I had got rid of mine and now my sinus is killing and of course kills even more when I go out into the cold air!
Roll on spring.

High Desert Diva said...

So glad to hear positive news re: Mo!

A Happy Christmas!




I say: Lay on the couch, rest up!

Unknown said...

Feel better soon! You might just have to lay on the couch for a day to get there :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Happy that Mo is feeling better.
Now as far as people thinking you are a wimp..I feel that people that spread their sickness are sure not thinking of the other guy..You have to be a little foolish to run around with strep and raging fevers..I think you are the brave one..Taking time to keep your germs home and being smart..Now how do you like my logic?
See, there is always two sides to a story and I side in with you..

Sandra Evertson said...

Sending you and yours Season's Greetings and Happy Holiday Wishes! And a special "Good Thoughts" for your sweet pup!
Sandra Evertson

Fer said...

Yay for Mo!

Hope you're feeling better soon too. :o)

kelly said...

Love this sweet photo of Mo and I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well. I'll keep sending the power of positive thoughts her way...

... and also yours! I wouldn't last a minute in Lancaster County, as I think it's best to hole up on the couch under several fluffy blankets when sick.

Victoria Bennett Beyer said...

So glad to hear Mo is feeling better and that you are feeling better about Mo.

I am like you when I'm sick and my parents were always sympathetic, but my husband apparently didn't grow up the same way. So in addition to feeling bad, I sulk. If that's your case, then good luck guilt-tripping your family into making you soup and bringing you orange juice. :)

Hey Harriet said...

Hope you're feeling better now.

I just popped back in here to say how funny you are! Your mango smoothie / UFO comment on my blog totally cracked me up! Thankyou! I LOVE your crazy sense of humour!

Janis said...

First, I am THRILLED to hear the good news on Mo. I'm saying a prayer of thanksgiving and will continue to keep her in my prayers for sustained strength and improvement.

Second, you had me laughing so hard at your description of the the locals in illness denial. I even made my husband come and read your post! I recall days of sitting at my desk at the bank, rolling my chair back as far as I could while a customer would cough at me how sick they were, just came from the doctor's etc. What can I say except I understand! :)

Too funny! Hope you continue to feel better too!

Jackie said...

Good news about molasses, and your daughters long visit..and get well soon. The good thing is, a cold does go. Stay warm.
It just dawned on me..I am a Lancastrian by dint of living in the county of Lancashire. My husband comes from the City of Lancaster which is the county town. (But we are not necessarilly able to work through colds!)

April said...

I love your photo...makes me miss my dog...he had that exact same toy and it was the only toy EVER that he thought was worth fighting over :)

Glad to hear you're both feeling better.

Victoria said...

Oh that's so sweet and sad. I am sorry for the loss of your dog... they are so dear, losing them is so painful... I am deeply grateful for each day we have together as I know how fleeting it all is. xo

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Goodness all around. Go Mo!