Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Heads Up


I found these great vintage heads about half a year ago at a local junk shop. They are the type that were used to make those sweet little Christmas angel/caroler decorations, you know the ones with the pipe cleaner arms. Well, I fell head over heels for them and knew that they would be great for something! Promptly went home, and put them in my ever expanding "these will be great for something!" stash, and pretty much forgot all about the poor little things. But Ta Da!! I was right, (as usual!) and they are great for something! They make great little toppers for pincushions!

(I had pin cushions on my mind as a friend of mine who has her own gallery asked me the other week if I would be interested in participating in an upcoming pin cushion themed exhibit she was thinking about doing. Doesn't that sound like a fun show!?)
I have just made this one so far but think that I will be making these exclusively for the next week or so as I have close to 30 of these little heads, and they all desperately want a body!
For the hands down best pin cushions I have seen in a long time check out this etsy seller's site Bethsbagz.etsy.com, or click on the link to "my etsy store" and go into my "favorites" to link to her site. She has some great colorful pincushions with amazing vintage toppers on them! I don't know her personally, but I think her work is lovely!

6 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOVE your new pincushion! What a cute idea, and the fabrics are fab!
Smiles, Karen

Beth Lisa Goss, Wire Tree said...

I even like them all lined up like in the first picture!

Pretty Fun said...

Way too cute!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wonderful idea- a pincushion exhibit. It looks like you have been busy. I love the new pincushions that you are making. The little vintage heads are great.

Kim said...

Those are seriously fantastic pincushions!

Over The Top Aprons said...

I love all of your pincushions! They are great! The faces and the fabrics.